1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjustable Ceiling Mount for HS20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sneaky, Jan 4, 2004.

1. sneaky

sneaky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I get my HS20, I want to ceiling mount it. The problem I have is that if I cited the screen so that it went to the letter of the law, the bottom of the projector would be at about 5' 2".

What I have decided to do is mount the PJ so that the bottom is about 6' from the floor and lift the screen.

The problem that I have is that the PJ will have a window behind it and the will be smack in the middle of it and will look daft from the outside when not in use.

What I want to do is push the PJ up when not in use so that it is out of the way.

Does anyone know of any adjustable ceiling mounts apart from the Unicol ones(that are a ridiculous price of £170) that will do the job I want.

The room I have is dedicated if that makes any difference.

Chris

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    The MK2 mount I made from a metal speaker bracket may do the job if you don't mind a bit of DIY:

http://www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ht1000.html?

It has a quick release bolt so you could even remove it if you wanted to, leaving just the pole in place. If it's not what you're after, it may give you a few ideas for making your own. The bracket is 10ins fully up, and 14.5ins when extended.

How tall is you're ceiling?

Gary.

3. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Great solution - but that'll require cutting and removing floor joists from the room above, so make sure you know what you're doing. :)

That's got to be the best solution for you though, so worth getting a builder or someone in if you don't want to do it yourself. You'll probably have to mount the pj upside down too, so that'll need a little thought - maybe a box with 4 legs instead of solid sides, and attach it to the uderside of the top of the box.

Gary.

5. Joeki

Joeki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try the LMP mount
    http://www.lmp-pc.co.uk/aboutus.shtml
    and get one with an acceptable length for the window and see if you can use the keystone on the HS20 to get a good picture. They will exchange the pole for a longer one if you have problems. You could also try projecting from the side, but this does shorten the throw length....