• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Adjust RCA level with wireless remote control?

King Mustard

Established Member
I have a Wharfedale Diamond SW-150 subwoofer, which does not have a remote control.

Unlike my previous AV receiver, my Yamaha HTR-2071 does not have subwoofer volume up and down buttons on its remote control. You have to go into menus to change it, which is annoying.

Is there something cheap I can pop between the subwoofer and the AV receiver (basically, an RCA passthrough) that lets me adjust the subwoofer with a wireless remote control?

I can't seem to find anything online.

jamieu

Prominent Member

Dolus

Prominent Member
Your AVR may not have a dedicated sub up/down control on the remote, but it will have a subwoofer level control in the settings that can raise and lower the sub level via the remote.

Normally there is no need to regularly change the level once the AVR is set up after running YPAO. The sub volume will go up and down with the other speakers when the main volume is operated.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom