Adjacent TVs - need table top mounts for them

afcju

Standard Member
Bit of an odd question, I have two tv's next to one another in my hideaway (& office currently with the joys of working from home).

They are both 50" screens, one Samsung (2018) & one LG (2019). In hindsight I should have purchased the same tv twice but I talked myself out of that at the time due to the remote controls using infrared & wanting to control the TVs individually.

Please ignore the messy wires etc, I will sort them out once I've got the set up finished - my issue is the TVs being different heights, I want them aligned perfectly but don't really want to wall mount them. The VESA holes are in pretty radically different heights in each TV. I have looked at the regular mounts on Amazon, Richer Sounds etc but these only seem to offer 3 height options and I highly doubt the screens would end up aligning perfectly with only 3 options.

I hope this basically makes sense, so I'm hoping someone could suggest a table top mount that is completely adjustable so that I could get two and align the screens properly?
IMG_2824.jpg

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Have you looked at multiple monitor mounts? Not sure I've seen one for tvs of that size, but certainly smaller ones enable totally different heights to be achieved.

Might be worth a look at the Unicol range, as they seem to cover most bases.

afcju

Standard Member
I had considered that 🤣 but thought it’d look tidier & more uniform if I got matching stands?

Regards Unicol, hadn’t heard of them but from looking they seem to be more catered to taller stands etc?

In terms of VESA height difference, the Samsung VESA is about 10cm higher on the back of the screen if that hells

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I've got something similar to this.

There are variable mounting points on the column for height adjustment.

afcju

Standard Member
I've got something similar to this.

There are variable mounting points on the column for height adjustment.
That looks similar to a couple I've been looking at on Amazon, for example: Clicky

However they all seem to have a minimum distance between the base & lowest VESA hole. Is this normal, because one of my TVs has a 30cm gap from lowest VESA to bottom of the TV - let alone to the base!

I've always been one for just keeping the regular TV bases that come with the screens so apologies if that's a stupid question.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Bear in mind that these will all be Chinese at this sort of price, so there may well be an element of Chinglish in the instructions! I don't recall anything like that from mine but have just measured my 55" Samsung & that is indeed around 19cm. Are you sure of your measurement? If the lower hole is 30cm from the bottom then the upper hole must be 70cm. That's pretty much the top edge of my TV & it seems unlikely a manufacturer would place VESA mounting to such an extreme.

afcju

Standard Member
Bear in mind that these will all be Chinese at this sort of price, so there may well be an element of Chinglish in the instructions! I don't recall anything like that from mine but have just measured my 55" Samsung & that is indeed around 19cm. Are you sure of your measurement? If the lower hole is 30cm from the bottom then the upper hole must be 70cm. That's pretty much the top edge of my TV & it seems unlikely a manufacturer would place VESA mounting to such an extreme.
Unfortunately it is correct yeah, it is positioned as VESA 200x200, bottom holes are 30cm from bottom of the screen and top holes are just 15cm from top of screen. This is far above the minimum distance recommended from bottom VESA connection to base, they all seem to be limited at around 25cm or below. I have attached below an image of the NU7300, which is the curved variant of my model so has a different base but does show the bizarre VESA connections position on my NU7400 accurately.

NU7300.PNG

By contrast the VESA holes on the LG display are roughly 20cm from the bottom of the screen.

Maybe I'd be better just getting a stand for the LG and leaving the Samsung in it's normal stand, that is looking like the only option I think?

Last edited:

Mr Edwards

A couple of ideas......

Firstly, what is the height you need to raise the TV to make it level with the other TV?....

To get your 2 TVs with diferent height vesa mounting holes level with each other using 'table-top' stands, I think you would have to re-drill the holes in the central pillar as the original adjustment range may be either a little too high or too low....

or....
Buy the 'table top' stands and place 'Riser Blocks' (links below) under the base of the lower TV to bring inline with the other.

or....
Save money and DON'T buy the 'table top' stands and just use 'Riser Blocks'....
If you need to raise it by 1'' try 1 these under each foot of the lower TV stand.... 4 x Stackable Height Adjustment Desk Riser Blocks

If you need to raise it by 1½'' try 2 of these under each foot of the lower TV stand.... Amazon product

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
200 x 200 on a 55" seems mad, but on the plus side, the product you linked to only specifies that distance to the bottom for 400 x 400. So presumably not an issue for 200 x 200? I'd try contacting the seller for clarification.

On the plus side, 200 x 200 gives you a bit more flexibility on height matching by varying the positioning of the mounting bars. On mine, 400 x 400 uses the two extremes so there is only the column for adjustment.

There's also this type but not sure how stable that would be with only a 20cm spacing between them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom