Adivice on a broken laptop!?

KoolKat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

OK basically my laptop, which is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pa 3553 (which is a fairly decent machine), recently conked out. When I turned it on, the screen wouldn't display anything and I could only shut it down by removing the battery.

It has been confirmed that the motherboard is broken and will cost around £200 to repair, so I may as well buy a new laptop!

What I want to ask you guys though is: do u think the other components will still be working, how much can I sell the broken laptop for (e.g. on ebay, or perhaps to perhaps the manufacturer) and would it be better to sell the components separately or not?? Also, I've already removed the hard drive (which works) and converted it to external. Do you think any of the other components would be worth saving, such as the RAM, or would i get more from selling them included?

Thanks in advance ;)

What cpu and memory did it have? Check eBay for prices for these components. I would probably sell the cpu and memory separately and then sell the laptop for the screen - most likely buyer is someone with a broken screen and they can swap the motherboard and other components.

Also contact some of the eBay laptop repairers - they might be able to repair for a more reasonable amount or you might be able to pickup a working motherboard.

- Simon.

What cpu and memory did it have? Check eBay for prices for these components. I would probably sell the cpu and memory separately and then sell the laptop for the screen - most likely buyer is someone with a broken screen and they can swap the motherboard and other components.

Also contact some of the eBay laptop repairers - they might be able to repair for a more reasonable amount or you might be able to pickup a working motherboard.

- Simon.

So how easy is it to remove the cpu (which by the way is a AMD 2.1GHz Turion X2 Ultra ZM-80)?

And how about the other components, like the graphics card? It is worth removing these too? - if its even possible!

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom