1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adivce Required

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chrisianjones, Oct 26, 2004.

1. chrisianjones

chrisianjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This will be my first purchase into the Home cinema market and I am looking for some advice.

I have been looking around for an amp and speaker package.

Amp
    The amps I have been looking at are the Denon 2805 and the new pioneer 1014 and 2014. I have around £700 to spend, does anyone have any recommendations?

Speakers
    I am looking to spend around £700 again and I have been looking at the Kef eggs and the LM Labs Sib, again I would appreciate any advice.

2. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a tough choice, the items you are looking at are all very good. However are you looking for discrete speakers with the KEF eggs in mind? O r a big weigty powerfull home cinema experiance in which case bigger speakers might be better. Also The Denon willdrive the "eggs" nicely however the Denon can do much more with more.
    Therefore I reccomend the Denon over the pioneer 1014. If you want discrete speakers go with Mordaunt shorts Genie Package also the Kef eggs demo both see what suits you better. If you want bang for your buck go for the Acoustic Energy Evo 3b package that comes in 5.1/6.1/7.1 With the denon go for the 7.1 if you can also if you buy a smaller package see if you can get 7 because its just better, its like having a 700 gram chocolate bar instead of a 500 gram one.
    Whatever you decide stick to what you like to hear not what you think you should hear and demo around if you can from your local.

3. chrisianjones

chrisianjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I will demo the Mordaunt shorts Genie Package and Kef eggs as I am after discrete speakers. :)