cheers

Adeyb

Attachments

• adeyb.jpg
    adeyb.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,610

jrp023

very nice!

somehow the recess seems to make the t.v look bigger, nice fireplace too. what you got left to do?

adeyb

need to sort the lighting and find a piece of furniture to replace the ikea unit ive been wanting to get rid of for years, oh, and paint the skirting boards :)

kdog

Love it, Love it, Love it :smashin:

Like everything you've done there and thought about doing it all. Recessing the Plasma, putting the fire below it and having fancy wallpaper on a feature wall. :thumbsup:

Well smart.

adeyb

cheers :thumbsup:

rossini

Looks fantastic Adeyb :thumbsup:

If you don't mind me saying your set up really appeals to the 'neat freak' in me! No wires, clutter, room full on speakers etc.

I would like to ask a few questions if that's ok:

1. Where did you get the fire from, how difficult was it to fit and what kind of heat does it produce?

2. How good is the sound from the ceiling speakers? I can see the front speakers in the pic so I assume you also have rears? Are they in a 5.1 configuration?

3. Do you play any 2 channel stereo through them? I have considered ceiling speakers as an option but not sure how good the sound would be from CD's as ideally I would want the system to handle both movies and music.

Once again, great job :smashin:

Miniholic

Great looking install, that fireplace looks fantastic, makes me wish I'd put a gas supply in to mine.

Looks very discrete with the speakers in the ceiling, how do they sound?

adeyb

not many people seem to know about proficient audio speakers, they sound lovely, a little echoey in that room at the mo but hopefully a rug will help, we have the same speakers in the bedroom and they are fantastic they are angled forward which helps with the imaging. the fire wasnt cheap as we had to have the chimney widened :eek: its a Bell Horizon XL and was worth every bit of the messing involved in getting it in, the pic doesnt do it justice

adeyb

If you don't mind me saying your set up really appeals to the 'neat freak' in me! No wires, clutter, room full on speakers etc.

I would like to ask a few questions if that's ok:

1. Where did you get the fire from, how difficult was it to fit and what kind of heat does it produce?

I got it from Amberlow Fires in Runcorn, (http://www.amberglowfireplaces.co.uk/)supply only and had my builder fit it, (I did the chimney breast, he did the knocking out and bricking up so, difficult to fit, chimney was widened, flue liners etc... it produces just under 10kw! thats TEN not 1.0 :)

2. How good is the sound from the ceiling speakers? I can see the front speakers in the pic so I assume you also have rears? Are they in a 5.1 configuration?

They are 5.1 - sound great

3. Do you play any 2 channel stereo through them? I have considered ceiling speakers as an option but not sure how good the sound would be from CD's as ideally I would want the system to handle both movies and music.

I play the music channels through them in just stereo, sounds good, wouldnt compare to a beefy set of floor standers though

Once again, great job :smashin:

cheers!

WilliamTM

Nice and neat. :thumbsup:

I don't like the height it's at though - I'd hate to have to look up whenever I watch TV - I like mine low down. :D

adeyb

its down low in the other lounge, my throne is quite a way from it so its fine for me, coulnt have it much lower due to the fire really.

leon

nice one :thumbsup:

Achy

I like the looks and it's the kind of setup I'm after... but a 10 KW fire :eek:

The Plasma looks like it's only about 50cm above it... without a mantel....
Is this ok ? :confused:

Everything I've read says it's a BIG no no.... so I've restricted myself to looking at 2 KW fires... for looks rather than heat.

Have you had any problems ?

THE_FORCE

Banned
Nice one adeyb, looks like lots of thought has gone into it. Cracking result!:thumbsup: Any chance of seeing the other rooms/setups atall ?;)

THERINGMASTA

Standard Member
Wow, that is amazing, looks really classy.

As an unrelated side note: I'm pretty sure i have the same wallpaper on my bedroom feature wall!

adeyb

I like the looks and it's the kind of setup I'm after... but a 10 KW fire :eek:

The Plasma looks like it's only about 50cm above it... without a mantel....
Is this ok ? :confused:

Everything I've read says it's a BIG no no.... so I've restricted myself to looking at 2 KW fires... for looks rather than heat.

Have you had any problems ?

I placed a digital thermometer where the bottom of the screen would be and ran the fire for 4 hours, the heat projects about 18 inches out from the fire and it never really gets that hot just above the fire, it got to a max of 28 degrees C, the screen never gets warm, I think most fire and tv companies just cover their backs

ZeroK66

Standard Member
Thank you thank you... I thought I would have to spend hours trawling pics for inspiration... a few posts and i found yours. The fire would work well in my living room and I have a similarly wide fireplace.

2.5k is steep... (is that about what you paid?) - fitting I guess wouldnt be cheap either...

Love the speakers too... only problem is you cant take them with you... which is what I would want to do as the property I am in now is a 2-3 year temp home that i am renovating while living in.

Great job, if you ahve any high res pics you can email I would really like to see them all... before during be great to see too... get an idea of how you channeled the cables etc.

Cheers,
Leon

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
great fire place and recess,

all i would of changed is to get the motorised ceiling mount speakers, they glide down out of the ceiling to an angle better suited for movies,

looks sweet thou buddy

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
I love it, another example of a high quality, professional install.

Well done fella:thumbsup:

adeyb

sorry for not replyaing to you all!

its a flat bracket, the speakers are angled in their mounts.

as for professional?? little old me :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up