Address to contact apple for complaint

aymank

Recently damaged my iPhone screen and called up their customer service to get it sent in for repair as my local store had no appointments available .
While on the phone the advisor talked me through an incorrect procedure which resulted in all my iPhone data being completely wiped.
I was put through a complaints team but wasn't happy with the outcome and now want to go through a small claims court to receive compensation but I can't find an address to forward this type of issue too . Does anyone know how to contact them formally for this kind of problem?

Thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I highly doubt you'll be successful with your claim.
The onus is on you to have a backup of all your important data regardless of what the advisor told you.

JG14

Recently damaged my iPhone screen and called up their customer service to get it sent in for repair as my local store had no appointments available .
While on the phone the advisor talked me through an incorrect procedure which resulted in all my iPhone data being completely wiped.
I was put through a complaints team but wasn't happy with the outcome and now want to go through a small claims court to receive compensation but I can't find an address to forward this type of issue too . Does anyone know how to contact them formally for this kind of problem?

Thanks

Unfortunately you should have backed up your data and there's not much you can do.

MacrosTheBlack

Doesn't quite ring true either..... Why would a phone advisor be telling you to do procedures on your iphone for a physical damage issue?

JG14

Doesn't quite ring true either..... Why would a phone advisor be telling you to do procedures on your iphone for a physical damage issue?

Quite possibly they were told to wipe data before they send it to Apple, and they ignored/dismissed questions about have you got a backup etc

aymank

They advised me that for them to book a repair to sent in they wanted me to disable Find my iPhone . This can be turned off through setting then disabling it but she had me actually go in to the app and tell me to' erase my iPhone ' . On more than one occasion I said my phone isn't backed up and asked her won't this wipe everything to which she assured me it wouldn't .

JG14

Why would you press "Erase All Content And Settings"? Equivalent to driving into a river cause the sat nav told you to

MacrosTheBlack

They advised me that for them to book a repair to sent in they wanted me to disable Find my iPhone . This can be turned off through setting then disabling it but she had me actually go in to the app and tell me to' erase my iPhone ' . On more than one occasion I said my phone isn't backed up and asked her won't this wipe everything to which she assured me it wouldn't .
Well if that's the case I'd call Apple customer services, give them the call details and your apple ID and ask them to review the call (they should all be recorded) and ask what they intend to do about it.

aymank

Why would you press "Erase All Content And Settings"? Equivalent to driving into a river cause the sat nav told you to

Ok thanks for your input . If your reading this thread and don't know a contact address for Apple for this kind of issue then no need to reply . Cheers

JayCee

Distinguished Member
but she had me actually go in to the app and tell me to' erase my iPhone ' . On more than one occasion I said my phone isn't backed up and asked her won't this wipe everything to which she assured me it wouldn't .

You knew it would erase it by the sounds of things but went ahead and did it anyway.
Only yourself to blame I'm afraid.

JG14

Sorry but as someone who worked at Apple I ran into this situation a few times. Often the customer wasn't right. But you should get in contact with apple and get the call details retrieved. They should be amenable.

MacrosTheBlack

This is true, there are stupid people across all companies giving bad advice. You have to use your own brain too! Like when my local Audi dealer told me the brake discs on my car should be replaced as they were 50% worn...... errrr.... so halfway through their lifespan then Audi!! I don't think so. 25% I'd off considered it, sure.

aymank

You knew it would erase it by the sounds of things but went ahead and did it anyway.
Only yourself to blame I'm afraid.

Yes my common sense did come in to play which is why I asked repeatedly if this would erase my data to which the advisor in her confident manner assured me it wouldn't ?
Thanks anyway .

MacrosTheBlack

There is no Apple contact email. They have have a Head Office address in Ireland you can write to I think.

You can always try [email protected] He claims to read every email..... o_O

MacrosTheBlack

Here's the address to write to:
Apple
Hollyhill Industrial Estate
Hollyhill, Cork
Republic of Ireland

stevelup

Distinguished Member
The advice you were previously given about contacting [email protected] is the best.

Of course he doesn't read any of these e-mails let alone all of them, but you will get a reply back within 24 hours from 'Executive Relations' who are helpful and have much more power than the call centre staff.

Miss Mandy

I'm curious as to what resolution you expect, you failed to maintain a backup and it was you who wiped the phone. What are you expecting Apple to do about it?

JG14

I'm curious as to what resolution you expect, you failed to maintain a backup and it was you who wiped the phone. What are you expecting Apple to do about it?

Think it's a case of blame big company for my mistake and hopefully get some money. As I said when I worked for Apple I had this happen a few times. People on the phone will be working from a strict script.

aymank

I told them my data was not backed up and I also asked whether what I was doing was going to wipe my phone to which they told me it wouldn't . So I'm expecting to be compensated . Which they are now doing after an email to the address mentioned from the helpful reply([email protected]) . Someone called me today so hopefully legal action won't be needed[emoji106]

Miss Mandy

Ah, you're just money grabbing then! :laugh: Financial compensation would be the last thing on my mind if I'd made a mistake like this, as would blaming someone else. I'd be more concerned about trying to get my contacts and data back together.
I guess as long as you're happy though that's all that matters.

Next time take responsibility for things yourself, and above all else always keep a back up.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett