additonal dvd

ged1a

Ex Member
Reaction score
i want to add an additional cheap dvd to my panny dvd recorder ..i dont have access to my plasma as cables behind walls .....how can i connect my extra dvd ..i have sky + and panny amp ..recorder has 2 scarts

ged1a said:
i want to add an additional cheap dvd to my panny dvd recorder ..i dont have access to my plasma as cables behind walls .....how can i connect my extra dvd ..i have sky + and panny amp ..recorder has 2 scarts
If your Sky+ is connected via SCART (RGB) you could connect the new DVD player to the other SCART socket on your Sky+ box.

thanks for your quick response but my sky+ box has 2 scarts in it already ...and my dvd recorder ...dunno how the installer wired it up but seems 1 scart going frm sky to dvd .. sky to tv ..... then dvd to tv ..dvd to sky

ged1a said:
thanks for your quick response but my sky+ box has 2 scarts in it already ...and my dvd recorder ...dunno how the installer wired it up but seems 1 scart going frm sky to dvd .. sky to tv ..... then dvd to tv ..dvd to sky

If you want to connect each component to each other and then to the tv then connection orders could be
(--> = a scart cable connected, scart out to scart in, going left to right)

New Player --> DVD Recorder --> Sky+ --> TV

or

connecting only the new dvd player to the dvd recorder and leaving the sky+ on its own
New Player --> DVD Recorder --> TV
Sky+ --> TV

or

connecting new player to the sky+ box and leaving dvd recorder on it's own
DVD Recorder --> TV
New player --> Sky+ --> TV

From your description of how the installer has wired it up, it seems he has connected the sky+ to the tv on one scart and connected the dvd recorder to the tv on another scart and then just put a scart between the dvd recorder and sky+, which i think won't have any use, becuase i would assume that it's connected from the scart in on the sky + to the scart in on the dvd player

From your description of how the installer has wired it up, it seems he has connected the sky+ to the tv on one scart and connected the dvd recorder to the tv on another scart and then just put a scart between the dvd recorder and sky+, which i think won't have any use, becuase i would assume that it's connected from the scart in on the sky + to the scart in on the dvd player<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<was the reason the installer done this ..was to record on dvd disc ...sky tv ?...or can i still record sky tv on dvd disc ...going by your other methods .
eg
DVD Recorder --> TV
New player --> Sky+ --> TV

thanks again

I'm not sure why the installer has done it the way he has - to be able to record sky tv to the dvd recorder then i would recommend the following setup:

Sky+ --> DVD Recorder --> TV
DVD Player --> TV

understand but thats my prob i cant get access to tv coz its a 42 " wall mounted so cant connect new dvd to tv as u suggested ...only other alternative i can think of is buying ..a scart splitter
ty

ged1a said:
understand but thats my prob i cant get access to tv coz its a 42 " wall mounted so cant connect new dvd to tv as u suggested ...only other alternative i can think of is buying ..a scart splitter
ty

But from your description it sounded like the sky+ is connected to the TV by scart and the DVD recorder is connected to the TV by a seperate scart and then then there is a third scart connecting the Sky+ and DVD recorder. If that is the case then connect your DVD player to one of the scarts going to the tv and connect the DVD Recorder and Sky+ to the other scart

If you just want to connect them all to each other and to only one scart connection on the TV then connect as follows:

DVD Player --> Sky+ --> DVD Recorder --> TV

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom