1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

additonal dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ged1a, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ged1a

ged1a
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i want to add an additional cheap dvd to my panny dvd recorder ..i dont have access to my plasma as cables behind walls .....how can i connect my extra dvd ..i have sky + and panny amp ..recorder has 2 scarts

2. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    If your Sky+ is connected via SCART (RGB) you could connect the new DVD player to the other SCART socket on your Sky+ box.

3. ged1a

ged1a
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for your quick response but my sky+ box has 2 scarts in it already ...and my dvd recorder ...dunno how the installer wired it up but seems 1 scart going frm sky to dvd .. sky to tv ..... then dvd to tv ..dvd to sky

4. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    If you want to connect each component to each other and then to the tv then connection orders could be
    (--> = a scart cable connected, scart out to scart in, going left to right)

New Player --> DVD Recorder --> Sky+ --> TV

or

connecting only the new dvd player to the dvd recorder and leaving the sky+ on its own
    New Player --> DVD Recorder --> TV
    Sky+ --> TV

or

connecting new player to the sky+ box and leaving dvd recorder on it's own
    DVD Recorder --> TV
    New player --> Sky+ --> TV

From your description of how the installer has wired it up, it seems he has connected the sky+ to the tv on one scart and connected the dvd recorder to the tv on another scart and then just put a scart between the dvd recorder and sky+, which i think won't have any use, becuase i would assume that it's connected from the scart in on the sky + to the scart in on the dvd player

5. ged1a

ged1a
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    From your description of how the installer has wired it up, it seems he has connected the sky+ to the tv on one scart and connected the dvd recorder to the tv on another scart and then just put a scart between the dvd recorder and sky+, which i think won't have any use, becuase i would assume that it's connected from the scart in on the sky + to the scart in on the dvd player<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<was the reason the installer done this ..was to record on dvd disc ...sky tv ?...or can i still record sky tv on dvd disc ...going by your other methods .
    eg
    DVD Recorder --> TV
    New player --> Sky+ --> TV

thanks again

6. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I'm not sure why the installer has done it the way he has - to be able to record sky tv to the dvd recorder then i would recommend the following setup:

Sky+ --> DVD Recorder --> TV
    DVD Player --> TV

7. ged1a

ged1a
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    understand but thats my prob i cant get access to tv coz its a 42 " wall mounted so cant connect new dvd to tv as u suggested ...only other alternative i can think of is buying ..a scart splitter
    ty

8. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    But from your description it sounded like the sky+ is connected to the TV by scart and the DVD recorder is connected to the TV by a seperate scart and then then there is a third scart connecting the Sky+ and DVD recorder. If that is the case then connect your DVD player to one of the scarts going to the tv and connect the DVD Recorder and Sky+ to the other scart

If you just want to connect them all to each other and to only one scart connection on the TV then connect as follows:

DVD Player --> Sky+ --> DVD Recorder --> TV

9. ged1a

ged1a
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ok thanks will try that