1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional centre speaker for KEF KHT2005

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by smallfry, Nov 9, 2002.

1. smallfry

smallfry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for this fantastic forum! I see that there are a lot of owners of the KEF KHT2005 speakers system here. Just a few questions if you can help me:

(1) I want to set up a 6.1 system, buying an additional centre speaker for the front. However, I am looking at a better centre speaker than another KEF "egg". Anything to recommend?

(2) I heard that it is better to buy a same brand of centre speaker to go with the 2 front speakers. Should I buy a KEF centre for my setup? I was recommended the KEF 100c, but am wondering if it is "sonically" compatible with the "eggs". Any KEF centre to suggest?

(3) I'm actually very interested in the Energy Take 1.2 Centre speaker (actually the centre speaker for Take 5.2) to be used for my setup? What do you guys think? Any other brand of centres to suggest?

(4) Can I use better speaker cables for my fronts?

Thanks in advance for all the help. As my country is small, with only a few shops, auditioning seems difficult, especially with the different brands. Your suggestions are most welcome.