Additional amp ?

a rix

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys iam looking at purchasing the yamaha rx a4a and was wondering if and how it would be possible to add a separate power amp do I can run a full 5.14 system instead of the 5.1.2 that the receiver currently has. The jump to the rx a6a is just way too much money

Many thanks Anthony

Sadly not as far as I know and I've just had another dig through the manual to be sure and cannot see anything saying it can process an extra two channels even if a external power amplifier was attached

Hi guys iam looking at purchasing the yamaha rx a4a and was wondering if and how it would be possible to add a separate power amp do I can run a full 5.14 system instead of the 5.1.2 that the receiver currently has. The jump to the rx a6a is just way too much money

Many thanks Anthony
Unless I'm missing something when looking at the specs the A4A is showing as only having 7.2 channel processing.
So it can't do 5.1.4 as you can't add the additional processing needed. If it had 9.2 processing you could add an additional 2 amp channels in an external amp to get 5.1.4 but as it doesn't, you can't.

I had a feeling that was the case thanks for clarification guys

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom