• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

adding "zone 2" on arcam solo

L

lazaroonie

really needed this answer last night for my new year party, but too late for that - still, would be good to know for the future....

My arcam solo has a pair of rca outputs marked zone 2 - the manual says I can connect these to an input on a power amp in another room, which will then drive the speakers in that room.

couple of questions abou this

- do I really need to use a power amp ? I have an integrated amp in the other room, will it be ok to connect to an available input on this ?

- the manual says that the output to zone 2 is muted by default, and it must be explicitly unmuted - is this only possible using the "remote receiver" for zone 2 ?

thanks

L

lazaroonie

becoming good at answering my owm questions here - found a Solo FAQ on the arcam site which says you can access the zone 2 mute/volume control by holding down the menu button on the front panel for 3 seconds.

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom