Adding voice comments to a video.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by az0000000, Nov 6, 2004.

1. az0000000

az0000000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.
    How can I add a voice comment to a video file? Some video editing program should be able do it, or is it being done after the final video clip is rendered and than imported in to a third party program that is able to bring done the video’s sound volume for comments to be heard?
    Perhaps the voice must be recorded apart and added to the video? How can I do that?
    I am using video editing program but a task for me is to be able to slow own video’s volume exactly in the moments when comments are starting.
    I am just guessing, as I am new in comments adding technique, please, any suggestion and advices are welcomed.
    Thanks a lot!

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,479
    Hi az0000000 and welcome to the forum :hiya:

Adding a voiceover to a video in most editing packages should be very straight forward. I use Adobe Premiere and you can just plug a mic into the PC and record the vocal to another audio track as it is playing, so you know exactly where each bit starts & stops. You can then adjust the volume of the origional audio as required.

If you tell us what software you are useing then perhaps somebody who also uses that can advise on how to do it.

Mark.

3. az0000000

az0000000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!
    I am using MGI VideoWave 4. For me is no problem to record voice to an audio file. Hard think is the possibility to adjust video's sound volume at the moments when voice speaks.

4. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Easy to do with even entry level editing software like Sony's Movie Studio

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=932

You would use a "volume audio envelope" to adjust volume on each seperate audio track as & when needed. Only thing about Movie Studio is that it only has 3 audio tracks available. It's bigger brother Vegas has unlimited audio tracks (& 5.1 mixing :smashin: )