1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Track Indexes to a Single MP3 File

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GrooveyTunez, Sep 4, 2005.

1. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Im doubting that this is possible, but thought id ask anyway. I have a 5 hour DJ set mix. I would like to know if its possible to add the tracklisting to the MP3 file some how so that when the track changes my player (Sony NW-HD5) will display it. Obviously at the moment all it displays is the name of the MP3 file. I have the tracklisting available so it wouldnt be difficult to add them, if this is possible. The file in question is encoded in 192kbps.

Any feedback appreciated.

TIA,

Andy

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let's see if I understand you correctly:

You have a single MP3 file that is 5 hours long. It has a name (filename only, or tag?), but you'd like the entire tracklisting WITHIN that file to be displayed on your NW-HD5.

Short answer: no chance. Maximum number of characters that the HD5 can display in any field is 60 - which is hopelessly limited, IMO!

3. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but i meant so that it displays a track at a time, no every single track at the same time, so it wouldnt need anywhere near 60 characters. :rolleyes:

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think you need a cue sheet for that, which Sony don't support AFAIK ...

5. KiNeL

KiNeL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The only way I can think of doing this would be to chop the file into it's composite songs, preferrably using some gapless method (ATRAC ?), and then individually name each one.

I'm guessing you won't want to do that !

6. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can re-rip or transcode the whole set into ATRAC, then there's a function in SonicStage that lets you divide tracks, which you can then re-name and individually tag - thus achieving your goal. And as it's ATRAC, I assume these tracks will still play back gaplessly.

Anyone tried this?

7. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this suggestion guys. Just tried sending the file over as it is and it doesnt like it. I presume its because its 411mb, anyone know what the size limit is for one track?

8. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No mention in the manual ...