Adding to sound system

adann

Established Member
Reaction score
I am moving in around a month and will probably have to re-adjust my sound system in some form.

I currently have the Q Acoustics 3030i connected to a record player and the Samsung Q70T soundbar for my TV.

I'm considering picking up the Q Acoustics 3090ci to go with the 3030i's.

Would there be a way that I could combine all of the above into one sound system or is it best to keep separate?

Thanks in advance.

Just buy the matching center or perhaps single 3030i, then 3010i or 3020i for rears. Or perhaps get 3050i for fronts use 3030i for rears or side. And buy a sub or two

Use the soundbar in another room

If you don't have a AVR you'll need one also

What amplifier do you currently have?

Just buy the matching center or perhaps single 3030i, then 3010i or 3020i for rears. Or perhaps get 3050i for fronts use 3030i for rears or side. And buy a sub or two

Use the soundbar in another room

If you don't have a AVR you'll need one also
The soundbar in another room is an option.

I'd quite like to get the 3010i's as rear speakers sometime in the future.

What amplifier do you currently have?

I have the Cambridge Audio AXA35 - presumably I would definitely need to upgrade if linking all of the above. Could I get by with the AXA35 if I just go for the 3030i and centre speaker option with the record player?

You would need a AVR with pre outs and a stereo integrated amp with HT bypass

The soundbar in another room is an option.

I'd quite like to get the 3010i's as rear speakers sometime in the future.

I have the Cambridge Audio AXA35 - presumably I would definitely need to upgrade if linking all of the above. Could I get by with the AXA35 if I just go for the 3030i and centre speaker option with the record player?
Thats a stereo amplifier, you cant use a centre (or rears) with it.

I have the Cambridge Audio AXA35 - …Could I get by with the AXA35 if I just go for the 3030i and centre speaker option with the record player?
Your Cambridge amplifier is a 2-channel amplifier only, so it can only process 2-channel signals and power your left and right speakers.

If you wanted to add a centre speaker, rear speakers and subwoofer, you would need an AV receiver that can process a multi-channel signal (like Dolby Digital, DTS-MA and Dolby Atmos) and power 5 speakers or more, and send a signal to a subwoofer.

Typically AV receivers have several HDMI inputs, along with optical, coaxial and analogue RCA inputs for all your music and video sources. You plug all your sources into the AV receiver, then just one HDMI cable connects your AV receiver with your display (TV, or projector).

They are a fair bit more complex to set up than a straight 2-channel system, but in terms of performance, it’s some way better than a soundbar. Although AV receivers at the budget end of the spectrum can lose out on 2-channel performance, particularly for music.

Conversely, if you had a DAC (digital to analogue converter) that could convert an optical signal for your TV into a stereo signal that your current Cambridge amp could then power, you may find that your TV watching through your current speakers is a fair improvement too over your soundbar.

So you have to decide what you mainly use your system for (TV/streaming vs music playback) and figure out what your priorities and budget are.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom