Adding titles and viewing order of scanned jpegs.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi please excuse but I am bit of a novice at this sort of thing.

I have scanned around 320 old family photographs and am now organising them and want to give them a simple label or title. e.g. "Aunt Mary at Skegness 1927"

I am using paint shop photo album and can re- arrange the photos in historically chronological order by simply dragging the thumbnails from one folder to another. As well as enhacing cropping etc. I can also add a label or title using the title facility in this software. If I run a slide show from this software then its great I see the photo with the title underneath. Similarly if I print from this software then the title is printed beneath each photo. I can save to SD card or DVD and using this software to read these the titles appear with the photos.

The trouble is that if I use another piece of software to play the slide show or print the photos or a DVD player or the SD card reader on my Panasonic TV the titles do not appear. Furthermore some software and the TV refuse to play the photos in the order they were stored in the folder but insist on re-arranging them according to the time they were scanned in the firstplace or the filename order.

I was hoping to deliver SD cards to relatives that could be read in the right order with captions and printed (with captions) if they wished.

Any advice on producing a slide show that will universally show captions and play in the correct order from a variety of media would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched this forum but the only method for titling seemed to be a rather long winded overlay method.

Thanks to the 30 odd people who have had a look but surprised no-one can offer a suggestion for what must be a common requirement.

I have however solved the playing order issue by using batch renaming of the files.

Thanks to the 30 odd people who have had a look but surprised no-one can offer a suggestion for what must be a common requirement.

Give us a chance I've only just switched on :cool:. Quite a number of those looking at your thread may have been looking for an answer rather than being able to offer advice.

Anyway, two programmes come to mind (there are many others) which might fit the bill: PicturesToExe and ACDSee PhotoManager. Download the trials and have a play. Both can seem confusing at first but are nonetheless relatively easy to use. Many people also favour ProShow Gold, but the last time I tried it the finished quality was not as good as PicturesToExe.

Thanks ryart

I tried PicturesToExe and ACDSee as suggested. The first one of these only seemed to want to let you put text in middle of picture and was as you say confusing to use.

ACDSee appeared to do what I wanted but found that on about 50% of jpegs tried the edit - add text icon was greyed out . No rhyme or reason at all. Can find nothing in help files of course. I am waiting for my membership of their forum to be approved so I can post a query on there

You can have titles wherever you like in PicstoExe, and have them appear and disappear at preset times as well as having them appear if you click on the image. Might be worth persisting with it as it should do the job for you. Their forum is very good with lots of how to dos.

Curious about ACDSee, if anything comes to mind I'll let you know.

In picstoexe I could only get a text box in the middle of the picture I could not drag it elsewhere. There was also a drop down that said left right or middle but even with left or right set it stayed in the middle. I want it usually at top or bottom and to become a permanent feature of thephoto not just an associated coded addition that can be read by a specific piece of software as it was in paint shop photo album.

Will report back if i get any joy on ACDSee forum,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom