Adding Sub to two channel system

RoVic

Standard Member
Yes I know its another one of them "Adding a sub" threads! :smashin:

But I would appreciate some advice please.
Every year we hold a full blown Garden party, which includes Disco and lights, I have been using two channel amp and speakers which are quite adequate and serve their purpose, but the younger ones moan cause there's not much Sub Boom :suicide:.

I've included pictures of what I use, and pictures of I hope a Sub that I can use in the setup.
Could you kind people have a look and advise if I'd be able to use the sub, and if yes how to hook up to the amp / speakers or if I would need to obtain any other hardware? like a sub that I would be able to with the setup .....

Thanks for any advice / help

Just to add.
Picture 1: The amp
Picture 2 & 3: the Sony Sub
Picture 4: one of the Speakers
Picture 5: The amp info

Attachments

• Sky1 (Medium).JPG
    Sky1 (Medium).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Sky2 (Medium).JPG
    Sky2 (Medium).JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Sky3 (Medium).JPG
    Sky3 (Medium).JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Sky4 (Medium).JPG
    Sky4 (Medium).JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Sky5 (Medium).JPG
    Sky5 (Medium).JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Jameskatie

Distinguished Member
You would be better with an active sub and use the amps line out rather than connecting it to the speaker outs, what speakers you using? To get any bass outside you would need quite a good woofer to be heard in the open air without the benefit of room gain

Jameskatie

Distinguished Member
Confused at pics saw a sub with no amp on board and a Sony active sub?

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Confused by pics.
What sub is it Sony or skytronic.

Jameskatie

Distinguished Member
In that case yes conect the line out left or right doesn't matter to the linr in on Sony sub and good to go, have a listn and see its Ita upto job. And if its got a xover on sub set it about 100hz maybe

RoVic

Standard Member
In that case yes conect the line out left or right doesn't matter to the linr in on Sony sub and good to go, have a listn and see its Ita upto job. And if its got a xover on sub set it about 100hz maybe

Thanks jamesvicky ....... will give it a go ..... :smashin:

Jameskatie

Distinguished Member
All you need is an RCA lead

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom