1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding soud effeects from CD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by lenjones, Apr 4, 2002.

1. lenjones

lenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Studio 7 software and in the editing mode have no problems with adding sound effects from the built in Smart Sound effects but these are limited and I wish to import sound effects from a CD on the computers CD player onto the SOUND EFFECT channel of the video. I have no problem in importing CD music onto the BACKGROUND MUSIC channel but do not wish to use this channel for sound effects.Any advice would be welcome. Regards lenjones

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    There are 2 ways to do this;

1. There is a built-in facility for incorporating CD tracks onto one of the 2 audio channels. Its in the Audio Tool Box.

2. A more flexible way is to strip out the required audio track from the CD and save as a .wav file, this can be imported through the Sound Effects Tab and drag-and-dropped onto either of the two sound channels. Software for saving a CD track as a .wav file is often supplied with CD burning software (eg EasyCD)

3. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
  4. lenjones

lenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JefUK Thanks for response. As I indicated I can use your first method to put CD contents on to Background Music track but it does not work in getting CD contents onto Sound Effect track. I will try your other suggestions when I return from holiday in about 2 weeks time Regards Len Jones