• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Adding Sky multiroom and trying to reduce the cost.

gillsgb

Standard Member
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am after some help.

I have Sky+ HD at the moment in my living room and want to add just Sky+ in the bedroom.

After talking to Sky this afternoon, they want 199 pounds for the Sky+ box and 60 pounds to fit it. ::mad: I think this price is disgusting as well as paying the 9.75 extra per month subscription.

Is there a way around these extortionate prices (daylight robbery) like obtaining a box from another source and getting a card from sky. Is it possible that a third party can do the connecting and set-up.

:lease: advice, all information and help will be greatly received.

Gary.

Prominent Member
Why do you want to add sky + in the bedroom?

Your existing sky hd box has an RF2 outlet that will let you run a cable to the bedroom so that you can watch sky there

With a magic eye you can, with an additional sky hd remote, change channels from the bedroom

You'll also be able to watch any programmes you have recorded on the sky hd box

The only thing you won't be able to do is watch 2 separate programmes at the same time. For that you'll need multiroom

gillsgb

Standard Member
That is the problem.

My Missus is not into football (or any sport come to think of it) so I need my little bolt hole while she watches the soaps.

Gary.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
That is the problem.

My Missus is not into football (or any sport come to think of it) so I need my little bolt hole while she watches the soaps.

Gary.

Most of the soaps are on free channels so why not a Freeview or Freesat box for the lounge and move the the SKY+HD in the bedroom where you can watch footy or leave it where it is and use the TVlink.

Prominent Member
If your bedroom tv has a freeview tuner and you loop a rooftop aerial through the sky box transmitting freeview pictures via the cable on an rf signal you can watch any freeview signal in the bedroom regardless of what is going on in the lounge

Equally, you can transmit the sky pictures (probably not in hd) to the bedroom while herself watches freeview pictures in the lounge

Myself and herself watch what we want at the same time without multiroom

Only argument is who wants the hd and who wants the bed:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom