• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Adding Phone connectors to cable?

visioneer

Established Member
Hi all,

Trying to help my brother with a world cup dilemma. His Projector has broken and we are looking for a replacement. (have posted in PJ forum re that issue). However, one thing that we would like to sort out is that his previous setup had the picture from his SKY+ box going to his old projector via a composite cable :eek:

On closer inspection, it seems that the installer ran a component cable from his amp to projector, but as his amp only had composite output the installer connected one of the phono connectors at each end (I hope that makes sense) ie, one connected to the amp and one to the projector.

At the Amp end, he fitted 3 phono connectors so that is ready to plug into a component connection. However at the projector end he has only fitted one phono connector. The other 2 wires are just taped up at the end.

I need to know how to fit 2 more phono connectors and where to buy them from. ASAP !!!! :D

Many thanks in advance.

Is it a phono connector or is it RCA?!

Last edited:

MarkE19

I need to know how to fit 2 more phono connectors and where to buy them from. ASAP !!!! :D
I would expect basic wiring instructions to be provided with the phono plugs.
If you have a local Maplins store then you can get them from there, or from their online store Here. Or from Lindy, or more colour options for the plugs Here (But oddly no blue for RGB) or Maplin do the 3 Red, Green & Blue phono plugs Here
Is it a phono connector or is it RCA?!
Either is correct. RCA seems to be the term mainly used in the USA IIRC, but either should be understood in the UK :thumbsup:

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom