Adding new cables in the future to fake chimney breast TV

ahfh1

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing a fake chimney breast TV project after seeing some great installations on this site.

If you were to change your TV or were to add new AV equipment, how would you route the new cables from the TV to the new equipment if the original duct cables are already plastered in?

Is there a way to route new cables without ripping out the skimmed plaster?

Thanks

captain69

If you see my post above there will be pictures in a couple of hours.:thumbsup:

I intend to put the current cables (3) in a flexible pond pipe behind the stud/plaster. Another piece of ducting will take the rope lights to the other side of the fireplace. I then intend to run two more ducts/pipes which will be EMPTY except for some fishing line/thread. If I ever need more cables to the back of the TV or put some LED lights in, I can pull these through using the line/thread!;)

ahfh1

If you see my post above there will be pictures in a couple of hours.:thumbsup:

I intend to put the current cables (3) in a flexible pond pipe behind the stud/plaster. Another piece of ducting will take the rope lights to the other side of the fireplace. I then intend to run two more ducts/pipes which will be EMPTY except for some fishing line/thread. If I ever need more cables to the back of the TV or put some LED lights in, I can pull these through using the line/thread!;)
Look forward to seeing the pics. I can't justify ripping out the fake chimney breast every time I want to upgrade my AV equipment!

captain69

Ha!

Pictures not their yet due to slow supplier on the flexi pipe:mad:

Should be up over the weekend.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom