ADDING logos

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by waterboy, Sep 1, 2003.

1. waterboy

waterboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend has a DVD that someone's 'made' for him from some video camera footage and he wants to re-edit the contents to *add* a logo to the footage. I'm sorry if this is not the correct forum for this question, but can anyone please point me towards a site that explains how this can be done, and what software is required? Is it relatively easy to do?

Many thanks :)

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    I've used Ulead MediaStudio Pro for this in the past (www.ulead.com) but this programme is expensive and there are much cheaper alternatives. Have a look at some of Ulead's cheaper products or products of the Adobe suite:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/dvcoll/main.html

Failing that you might want to get some user advice on the best budget option at:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/

Of course I should point out that onscreen logos are VERY annoying whatever the content! Don't use them!

3. waterboy

waterboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rasczak :)

Thanks for the informative reply mate. I'll take a look at the links tonight.
    :laugh: Funnily enough, before I edited my original post to make it briefer, I mentioned this myself. I hate the damned things. Recorded a Coldplay gig shown on MTV2 onto my E50 and I was cursing the amount of on-screen clutter :mad:
    Thing is that this DVD belonging to my friend is one that he knows will be copied and passed around (footage shot in a popular club) so he just wanted people to know where it had originated - bit of an ego thing I guess.

Thanks again.