Adding funds to your wallet from the UK!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by _Belial, Dec 28, 2006.

1. _Belial

_Belial

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I'd read somewhere that people had been adding funds to their ps3 wallet using their UK cards, no matter what i tried it seemed to fail for me. So just had one last go this morning, using my HK account i set my billing address as the first 3 lines of my address properly then set region as Hong Kong and city as Aberdeen.

Then I went and added a card (in this instance was a mastercard credit card).

I Then tried to add HKD$160 to my wallet, but it failed, poo.

Then i thought, well, lemme try $40 (defo enough credit on the card btw)... Lo and behold it worked!

So I added another $40, another, another and another, and each time it worked, my wallet now has $200HKD in there, enough for me to go and buy Tekken5 off the store! And of course with gripshift due out soon, means i can buy that too.

Good news or what?

P.S: Not sure if makes any difference, but I did all this from the account management section (including adding funds) of the OS and not from within the store

2. zz101

zz101
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Nice one - it works! Downloading Tekken now :smashin:

It will only let you add $40 or $80 at a time - I reckon because the value is so low it doesnt do a full address / fraud check.

3. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    bloddy hell it worked aswell, added two $80 (£10.50 in total)

Downloading now :thumbsup:

4. _Belial

_Belial

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Just tried on the US store, works a treat again, just keep adding in $10 increments :) So when gripshift makes an appearance we can buy that too :)

w00t

5. mcdermotx

mcdermotx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    No....no joy here anyway,
    haven't been able to add funds to either a HK or Japanese account, strange as I had no problem adding funds to the US one. I suppose certain cards won't be accepted, same way some aren't accepted for US accounts.......will just have to wait for the US download..

6. zorg2000k

zorg2000k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Had to create an HK account log on then go into account management and add cc details there. Worked a treat for me , cc was Visa. :clap:

Tekken on its way down now :thumbsup:

7. J_C_X

J_C_X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    How do I do it for an US account and can anyone give me any tips how do I create a HK account?

8. _Belial

_Belial

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Just login as your US user, then go to manage account from the dashboard. Then go to billing information, enter your credit card, and as much of your address as you can enter (i.e wont let you select state or zip as they dont match our UK ones). then just go back to main screen on account management, wallet management or something, and add credits in $10 increments there.

9. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Thanks for the tip. :) I'm downloading it now although it's pretty slow. I just set up the HK accountt so after I'm going to see what other stuff I can download that's not on the US servers like the Ridge Racer demo.

10. psikey

psikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,041
    Worked for me on HK site but not US login. Downloading Tekken now.

11. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Took me 5 goes to download it. Kept giving me a download error. I got up to about 80% the fourth time before it timed out. Luckily it worked the 5th time. :eek: I played it briefly and it's pretty good. I rather pay £8 for this then 30 odd quid for the PSP version. I'm not convinced yet whether it looks better then Tekken 5 fpr the PS2 in progressive scan and I need to play them both to make a proper comparision. I haven't tried adding funds to the US account yet but will try later to see if I can get that to work.

12. psikey

psikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,041
    Downloaded first time for me and looks stunning at 1080i. Much better than the PS2 :confused:

13. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Have you actually played Tekken 5 in progressive scan on the PS2 ? As said I haven't been able to make a direct comparision yet though and it may well be that Tekken 5 DR on the PS3 looks better then Tekken 5 in progressive scan on the PS2. I'm not talking about resolution and detail which is obviously higher but general quality of the actual graphics textures wise for example.

14. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    Hmm doesn't want to work with my morgan stanley mastercard :(

Guess different card issuers have different checks in place

15. stu.artd

stu.artd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    It doesn't work with the HK store any more, Sony closed the loophole. It didn't work for me on the 5th of January so they stopped us from being able to do it a few weeks ago now :(.

I did manage to setup a card with the US store though.

16. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    Ah ok. thanks for clearing that up, Stuart :)

17. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    just added funds the my PS3 wallet via MBNA Mastercard and it works fine on th US account I created. Just downloading lemmings now:smashin:

It doesnt want to know on the HK account though:thumbsdow

18. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    Yeah I can add funds over the UK account no problem, didnt even have to put in my UK address (is that good or bad....)

Hong Kong not a chance though!

19. rhodos

rhodos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Folks - anyone done this since 1.5 update? I only got my Ps3 yesterday (US 60G) and I cant get a card registered. I have tried both AMEX and Visa but after I hit the button to conifirm the billing address (which is an american company's) it says some of my card detals are incorrect.

Have people done it by completly deleting the billing address fields?

20. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    I did mine this morning after the 1.5 update, just left my address as the false US address I used when I set up the account and added $25 no problem.

21. stu.artd

stu.artd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Set the billing and residential addresses to the same US address and see if that works.

22. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Exactly the same!

23. FlawlessAbyss

FlawlessAbyss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I take it this is not on the US PS3 as I can't find Tekken 5 HD!
    :thumbsdow

24. stu.artd

stu.artd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Tekken 5 HD is not yet available on the US store, only the JP and HK ones.

25. rhodos

rhodos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Bum - I've tried two Visas and an Amex. I've tried a US company's address and good old Beverly Hills - still no joy. It just says "Credit card details incorrect". Rollox I use it most days :(

26. stu.artd

stu.artd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    In that case it really seems like the checks that are being done at the HK store are now being done at the US one.

If this is the case then if you already have a card registered you'll be OK as it's been validated already, the problem will be apparent when trying a new card.

27. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    Mastercard works fine on the US store

28. King Troll

King Troll
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got about 2 quid left in my HK account after buying tekken, is there a way to get the money back because i can't add no more cash? the swines!

29. MarVell

MarVell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I just added $30 to my US account. Used a Halifax One Mastercard, gave it the fake American address I used when I set up my PSN account (actually it's not that fake, it's the address of my company's California office :devil:). Now let's hope they put some decent games up for download.

30. mwatson800

mwatson800

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm with you BuffDaddy in that I can't add a CC after 1.5 update.

Originally used a half correct/half made-up US address when originally registering my US account. In other words, I had the street name but no house number and I had made one of the five digits in the Zip code wrong.

So I put in my bonafide Mastercard CC details, then it goes into your Billing address that you initially entered in and registered your account.

If I accept my jackanory default ones, it says card details invalid.

I then tried editing my UK residential address first...fine and it saves, but you can't change the country from US and again when trying to add a CC is says card details invalid. Tried with VISA too.

So then tried editing my residential address to a legitimate US address (business addresses as previously mentioned)...fine and it saves, but when trying to add a CC is says card details invalid. Again I tried with VISA too.

So looks like free downloads only until the European store is open!

Matt :)bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbtbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrtwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt