Adding Floorstanding Fronts to Boston Acoustics XS 5.1

jonhklee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone out there can give me some advice. I have a Denon AVR1912 hooked up to BA XS5.1 for home cinema, but would like to add two floorstanders as fronts to improve ITunes music and help to give some more ooophs to 7.1 blu rays. £500-600 budget, any recommendations? Thanks

Hi,
you will need to replace the front 3 speakers because by putting floorstanders either side of your centre at the moment wouldn't sound right or you get 2 floorstanders for stereo music only.

As above you really need to replace the front 3 at the same time. The monitor audio bx range would be worth a look as well as the focal 700 series. Also the benefit of 7.1 depends on your ability to put the speakers in the correct positions and with enough space for the sound to diffuse. If your sofa is right up against the rear wall then often 7.1 can give a worse sound.

Thanks for advice guys! Really helpful. I'm thinking of mainly using them for music mostly. The Denon has a setting to allow L R channel to receive full range signals, will that sound ok in movies until I get enough funds to upgrade the centre?

That's the right way forward,everyone has to build their system bit by bit,it should sound ok because the floorstanders will have a larger range.Good luck.

Thanks. My room is prob too small for true 7.1 position (ie sofa backed to back wall) i think I will try DPLIIz setup once i bought the new fronts, is it worth the effort? Internet reviews seems to suggest it doesn't really make much difference, any one got first hand experience?

Hi,
I run a 9.1 set up but because of the layout of my room i have front heights and front wides,i find it adds more to movies and prefer it to just 5.1,best thing to do is to put them up temporary and see what you think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom