Adding external speakers to Hitachi C32WF810N

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kevyn_tipler, Jun 17, 2001.

1. kevyn_tipler

kevyn_tipler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I bought a Hitachi C32WF810N TV a couple of months back. Very happy with it, but would like to add a full set of external speakers to it, replacing the internals and the supplied external rears. The TV provides... i) connections for external rears, centre, and woofer "to connect external speakers for which no amplifier is necessary", and ii) Audio line out phono type sockets for rear, front, centre and woofer "to be used in conjunction with an external amplifier". I would imagine I'll get better results with option ii). Can anyone advise on this, and maybe recommend an external amp + speaker package? I was hoping for something under £300, and wondered if there's a combination with a suitable external amp built into the sub-woofer. Don't know anything much about this area. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the new Yamaha VS-10 package (amp + speakers) at around £350. What Hi-Fi give it 4 out of 5, July issue. If you can stretch to around £550 - 600 you should be able to afford a much better set-up, eg Yamaha A5 plus say, Missions or Tannoys.

Incidentally re your Hitachi, I have considered this telly recently, how much did you get it for, where from and what's the verdict on performance, (mainly picture as I already have separates).

Thanks

Phil

3. kevyn_tipler

kevyn_tipler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil, many thanks for the info - I'll check it out. Re the Hitachi... I paid £899 in February..... got it from ElectroCentre in Handsworth Birmingham (0121 554 1878). They have a basic website www.electrocentre.com but it wasn't e-commerce enabled last time I looked. I called round. They were advertising in one of the home cinema mags. Best price by far at the time. I bought it because I had no AV seperates and this was a pretty comprehensive package - pure flat widescreen, inbuilt DTS/dolby decoders, external rear speakers, 100 hz, etc etc.. and it seemed to get an excellent write up in all of the mags for all round value for money (espec at the price I paid). I just added a (basic?)Toshiba SD100E DVD given the tV had the decoders in it. Regarding the picture quality - well I'm very satisified with it, it looks good to me, and I can't pick any fault with it... but aside from wondering around Comet and quickly comparing terrestial TV reception, the problem is that I have nothing to compare it with other than my old normal 21" panasonic! So anything's probably going to look good in comparison. I'm not an expert - but I don't think you'd be disappointed, and the reviews seemed postive. If you've got all the separates though, guess you don't need all the stuff (decoders, rears, etc) that come with this TV.