Adding DVD distribution

newhouse

Standard Member
At the moment I'm piping a Sky signal around the house from the RF2 output on my digibox via a central distribution. I'd now like to add DVD output to this distribution. Can I use a scart-to-rf adapter off the DVD player to somehow mix the output into the RF2 so that the connected TVs can tune into both? I also have cat5 options if that's a better way. I'm not that concerned about quality since it's just for occasional viewing.

vex

Yes, your quite right with your idea NewHouse.

If you are already using the RF2 for your Sky control, you can use a little box from Global called a TVLink+ kit which will allow you to control both the Sky box and the DVD Player. This will also combine the signals from the boxes.

This is a common trick we do as an extra for clients.

HTH

V.

newhouse

Standard Member
Thanks vex. I now have an RF modulator and a TvLink+ but I'm not sure how to connect all this up to my existing setup. Can you help me out? I'm not interested in the IR stuff - just need to get that DVD signal distributed. Thanks.

Last edited:

vex

Ok,

Plug the DVD in to the modulator and set it up for a tv channel that is free.

Take the UHF IN feeding your Sky box and connect that to the UHF In on the modulator,
take the UHF out from the modulator and connected that to the UHF In on the Sky Box,

Take the UHF Out that is connected to the RF2 port on the Sky Box and connected that to the TV connector on the TVLink (This is usually opposite the IR output port, next to the power input)

Use the supplied lead (I think) to connect between the RF2 of the Sky Box and the RF2 / IN / Sat port of the TVLink box.

The IR Control of the Sky box should still be ok and then the little IR Emitters will also fire the DVD remote control instructions at the DVD player as well.

HTH

V.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom