Adding dual slot Component/S-video/composite board for Panny PWD7 with SCART board

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by alanfcross, Mar 10, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've ordered my PWD7 with a SCART board from AV Sales. I'm thinking of adding another board to the order. They say that the RCA and BNC component boards are not available, and offer instead a 'dual slot' BNC component/S-video/composite board (part number unspecified - probably the TY-42TM6Y?).
    If I read the bumph correctly, I can put the SCART in slot 1 and the dual slot board in slots 2 & 3, . So my questions are ... will this work alongside my SCART board (selectable via OSD), and will it allow me to connect its three sources in addition to the SCART (and VGA inputs). So, can I connect 5 sources by adding this one board, albeit using 5 different formats, and select between them via the Panny OSD (rather than using external switchers)?

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    i think i'm right in sayingthat you can only connect two sources to the dual board, i.e. component and s-video and you will use input 2 and input 3 in your scenario.

3. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Mep is correct; you can only use either S Video or Composite not both at the same time.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    the dual slot is RGBHV or YUV and S-video or Composite