• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Adding channels on SkyHD box

aud1oKat

I see a long list of channels to add (apparently radio stations) but after adding them as the menu says they don't appear at all in the channel lineup. Is there something wrong or do I need to go thru a more complex method?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
They will not appear on the standard EPG, there is an option in the services menu to see the "Other Channels", select that and then you will see the manually added lineup.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
The list you are working from may not be upto date, channels that may have been testing or been FTA may now be FTV or subscription.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
How to update it?

What is this list you are working from?
Is it off a website/magazine or have you already entered some tuning specs and you are seeing the transponder results?

aud1oKat

It shows 25plus channels on the FIND CHANNELS menu. They are all there, radio channels all. I just add them and they show as added, only a few of them work. If you have the box go and take a look. My box was installed a week ago.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Ah:)

You are just clicking find channels with the default settings in the menu?
If that is the case then all those channels are on transponder 4 and are probably all on the EPG already, some are encrypted and others are in the clear.

On the Add Channels screen enter these settings..

H
5/6

Then click on Find Channels, you will see 8 channels listed. Select a few with the yellow button then press Select. When you get the confirmation go back to the Services menu and selct Other Channels and you will see the ones you selected.

Comer

Would it be possible for me to manually add BBC HD here in Ireland just as I can manually add the ITVs etc

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom