Question Adding CD player to Sonos system

Goodguy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Recently I bought into the Sonos universe (Beam for kitchen TV and now two Ones for living room) and will most likely add more to the house later. All fine and dandy for listening to Spotify, Internet radio, itunes library etc.

However, I am now considering it would be nice to add a CD player once again to listen to the neglected CDs which I didn't rip for the car/commute. And lockdown has reminded me that sometimes it is just nice to just listen to music (and browse the artwork/booklet). Not looking to get back to vinyl (yet!)

Obvious solution is to get a decent reasonably priced cd/amp/speaker set up for the lounge. However as I already have the Sonos Ones, I (or is that the wife) would rather avoid another pair of speakers and it would be also nice to be able to send the music to elsewhere

So my question (and its a bit of a newbie one): Is the Sonos Port the only viable solution to connect a reasonably decent CD player into the Sonos system?

Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions for a decent CD player (budget to £300)

To connect a CDP to the Sonos you would need to be able to connect by analogue RCA, or by digital optical or coaxial. There is no other way. The Beam has HDMI, but only one I believe. The cheapest, easiest way to play CDs would be to buy and DVD player that you could connect via HDMI.

Thanks for that. The beam is in the kitchen and already connected hdmi to the tv

I’m looking at the lounge for a CD player to connect in to the Sonos system. Port seems to be the only way but an expensive one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom