• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Adding Carry Handles to your PC Case

Drach

Standard Member
Hoping to get some opinions from people who might have a little more experience than myself.

I've been lately looking into picking up a new case for myself, and while some case come with inbuilt "handles" none of those that caught my eye did.

Later while doing some browing I came accross these:
Recessed Computer Case Carry Handles

Now my question is, just how safe if it to use these handles on your case? There's a good chance that the new case is going to be a full tower Aluminium case, but even my current mid tower with all components installed is quite heavy and it's also an Aluminium case (Akasa Eclipse 62).

Would installing these handles on a case and using them to lug it around be safe, or can I likely expect the panel to give way and do some damage to my internals.

Has anyone else got any experience with custom installed handles, and did they cause you any issues?

thestepster

Prominent Member
i dont have experience of custom ones but i have a CM Scout Storm and i have a total ton of stuff inside and its proper heavy but the handle copes no problem :smashin:

hovisloaf

Standard Member
you should have no problem with handles failing under the weight of the case,
the only thing you should worry about is the materials the case is made out of and the fastenings used e.g nuts and bolts or rivets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom