Adding Bluetooth streaming from iphone

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by turoasaur, Jul 11, 2019.

1. turoasaur

turoasaur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello!
    Just thinking of adding an affordable but sonically pleasing Bluetooth option to my set up- to allow people to curate sounds from their phones.

Currently
    Arcam a19
    Musical fidelity v90
    Budget up to 300£

What do you suggest?

2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +727
    Have a look at either of these from Arcam. I have the rBlink at home which I push through to my DAC and although you can hear a difference from CD to Bluetooth quality, I've been impressed with its performance

3. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,310
    A Bluetooth Receiver need not cost much money, though, like everything they certainly can.

Search Amazon for "Bluetooth Receiver" and dozens will come up -

The Avantree Oasis Plus (£60) has Apt-X and Apt-X-HD, I don't think it gets any better than that -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-B...Oasis-Plus-Supports-aptX-HD-LL/dp/B07BQYYDNJ/

Also, it is a Transmitter/Receiver, Low Latency, and Long Range plus Bluetooth 4.2.

Of course there are many others to consider.

https://audioengineusa.com/shop/adapters/b1-bluetooth-music-receiver/

Arcam rBlink Bluetooth DAC

Steve/bluewizard

4. oldcootstereo

oldcootstereo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    If you are in the Apple environment, why Bluetooth and not Airplay/wifi? Airplay using full AAC should be virtually lossless where Bluetooth is "low loss".

Bluetooth vs AirPlay for Streaming Music | Audiogurus

I use iMac/iTunes (until Apple divides/switches it all this fall)> Airplay/Airport> Apple TV3 (still has the optical output)> Yamaha A-S501 optical input. You could just substitute your iPhone for my iMac, and if you don't need/want the optical input at your amp, just use the RCA connect from an Apple TV4 or 4HD.

I am beginning to use the iTunes feature where you can set volume/EQ for individual songs, to compensate for some recording/editing/mastering/etc , so there are some potential advantages if you're so inclined.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019