Adding atmos speakers

aquatarkus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all looking for some advise.
Have just upgrade my A/V amp to a Marantz SR7013, now looking to add Atmos speakers to my system
Currently have Q Acoustics Cinema pack 3010i fronts and rears, 3090 center and the 3060s sub. The Fronts are stand mounted and are at ear height when I'm seated. the rears are mounted on wall brackets just below the ceiling pelmet facing down towards my seating position (for wife friendly acceptance).

The ceiling has a lighting pelmet all the way around which extends about 300mm out and 120mm down so not sure that in-ceiling speakers would work as read that the ceiling needs to be perfectly flat, but i could install ceiling speakers in this pelmet if people say will work ok.

Was thinking of getting a pair for Q Acoustics 3020i's and putting those on the front stands and then mounting the original front 3010i's on wall brackets just below the ceiling pelmet and angling those down towards my listening position.
Alternatively seen lots of people recommending the Cambridge Minx 2's and mounting them in the same position, this would probably be more wife friendly.
Also not sure if got myself confused but should these speakers be angled down or facing up to reflect off the ceiling?

As another alternative have seen lots of Kef eggs 2001's and 2005's for sale quite cheaply would they work as front Atmos speakers?

any advice or help gratefully received
Regards
Keith W

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom