• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Adding a zone 2 to my Yamaha a3060 5.1.4 setup

Hairyfish

Novice Member
Hi
please help if you can. I've currently got a Yamaha a3060 av receiver set up in my lounge in a 5.1.4 atmos setup. I currently trying to find away to connect to a second set of speakers in my kitchen. From what i can see it doesn't seem possible without loosing either the front or rear presence speakers.
Does any have any ideas how i might achieve this.

Thanks in advance
phil

Jamie

Distinguished Member
A quick Google shows your Yamaha has 9 channels of amplification but can process 11.

Your 5.1.4 layout is using all of the Internal amps so you'll need an extra 2 channel amp, either to run 2 of your main zone channels or connected to zone 2 pre-outs to run your extra speakers.

Hairyfish

Novice Member
Hi jamie
Thanks for responding. Will connecting a additional amp to the zone 2 pre-outs disable the zone 2 speaker channels, that are currently part of my atmos speaker configuration.
thanks again
Phil

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Not of it's set up correctly. The speakers are assignable to either function but the pre-outs terminals are fixed in function

Hairyfish

Novice Member
Hi Jamie
I’ve just found this in my Yamaha manual. I’m a little confused. This seems to imply that you can’t. As the atmos speakers share the zone speaker out puts.
FF73628A-6B93-4A1F-84E4-6CABEBEEDB88.jpeg
my apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick.
Thanks again
Phil

Hairyfish

Novice Member
Hi joe
Thanks for your help. Would that allow me to stream from my phono table through my a3060 to another room.
Thanks
Phil

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom