• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Adding a Set top box to a home cinema setup. Please!

thudufushi

Standard Member
Hi,

Hoping someone here can help me with this. I have an Infocus in72 projector and its connected to a panasonic scht855 all inone home cinema system. I am very happy with it. Today i bought a set top box. How do i get this to work? Can I put a scart lead from the set top box to the panasonic unit? Then will the picture get from my panny to the in72 by the HDMI lead ? How do I tell the panny to do that?

Thanks in advance for a little help, im really wanting to get this going.
Steve

thudufushi

Standard Member
OH come on guys, this is dead standard, someone must be able to offer a hint.

Ta.

So noones got a projector and a Sat or FTA receiver? Footy starts in half an hour...oh well, will go and have another fumble see if i can crack it.

ows90

Established Member
Can I put a scart lead from the set top box to the panasonic unit? Then will the picture get from my panny to the in72 by the HDMI lead ? How do I tell the panny to do that?

No. Although the SCART socket may accept audio input, it will definitely not accept video in and then feed it out over HDMI.

The audio and video have to be sent on separate cables.

You didn't mention what set top box you have, but I'll assume it has two SCARTs.

So you can either get a SCART to RGBS cable (explained on page 4 of the projector manual): SCART to RGBS, or RGBS SCART adapter with 4 phono leads as it's cheaper (3x on component lead, 1x on composite lead) -- connected to the TV RGB output on the set top box, (this would give a very good picture)
and for sound, a plain SCART adapter connected to the 2nd (VCR) socket on the set top box with a stereo phono lead going to the home cinema. (You could also try connecting a SCART lead from here to the home cinema and select "TV" as the input, it works on older Panasonic home cinemas.)

Second, if you're not bothered too much and just want it work, use composite video (the worst) with a SCART adapter and the appropriate RCA phono leads.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom