Adding a second sub but difficulty in wiring to it.....help please

Spenn2007

I have a home cinema system with Denon 2600, mission ceiling and wall speakers , mission sub connected to LG OLED in a converted garage.
I am looking to upgrade the amp to the 3700 and adding a 2nd subwoofer.
However, the room is recently completed and decorated and I will struggle to get new cabling into the amp and through to the 2nd sub
Is there a way to connect via the existing sub or do we have to wire directly from the amp
Many thanks
Steve

Harkon321

You can get a Y splitter which will split the signal. You then run a second RCA cable to the second sub. The only issue with that is that the amp will see the pair of subs as a single sub, so room eq etc. can't make adjustments to them separately. (I've not done this, but believe that is the case)

I think you could also use something like the SVS wireless module. One bit plugs in near the amp and another near your sub location. Again, not used it, but might be worth looking at.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Some Subwoofers can be daisy chained but you'd lose the benefit of dual Subwoofers and Audyssey XT32 on the Denon as they would only be connected to the one SW Out on the AVR.

Your best bet is something like this:-

JustinT350

General thoughts if you are using the wireless soundpath, is to use it on both subwoofers, rather than one wired and one wireless.

Spenn2007

Many thanks to all for your responses. I will stew on this for now and will update when I have tried something.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
You want to time align them first once that's done you can calibrate levels individually then master sub level

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Many thanks to all for your responses. I will stew on this for now and will update when I have tried something.
If you can afford it, buy a miniDSP2x4HD.

put 2 subs into the minidsp and 1 sub cable out to receiver. log into minidsp, measure with REW, time align and set levels and enjoy. if u dont time align and do basic calibration, u can end up with a worse sounding setup

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom