1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding A second Sky BOX.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by martin23, Apr 4, 2005.

1. martin23

martin23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello

I just moved house and i they left the mini dish up so i plugged my sky box in and all working fine.

At my house before i had a second box in my room with the card which i am still paying for every month.

My question is how do i connect my second box to my main boix without calling sky out todo it, whats the best way of doing this.

What will i need? Where will i get it? How will i do it?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You will need to replace the existing single LNB with a twin or a quad unit and then run a new cable to the second digibox.

At the other house were you a multiroom/mirror subscriber (second card for an additional £10 a month) becuase if you were SKY would have supplied and installed a new dish with all the wiring under their moving scheme (£40 last time I looked).

If not then all the bits you need can be picked up from many online dealers or a local satellite supplier/installer.

Satcure is as good a place as any to see what is on offer and prices and they also have a range of "ebooks" that will be a good guide to installing sat hardware if you are starting from scratch.