Adding a projector to my loft equipment. Advise please

ener1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have hardly any experience with Projectors but i am looking to (maybe) add a projector to my home cinema system in the loft. I have enclosed a picture of the situation, hopefully this helps a bit in giving me advise.

1.I want to spend not more then £1000 for a good quiet projector. Any suggestions?

2. I would like to keep the Samsung 3D TV. Would it be possible to fit a screen on the wall so when we use the projector it will cover the Samsung TV? Should it be electric? Manual? Any advise on make of screen?

3. I would like to fit the projector on the ceiling. Distance to the wall can be approx 2.50 or approx 5 meters

4. What size screen could we fit. I think the widest i could go is 1.70 centimeters with a drop of 80 cm

5. Any suggestions of companies that sell/fit this kind of kit?

6. Picture of the loft
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The other hardware in the loft are a Yamaha 1067 receiver and a Sony BD/3D player and AR surround speakers.

I hope to hear and appreciate any advice or input.
Ener1

does not look like they is a lot of room for a screen judging by the photo i may be wrong tho

Right, so not a good idea I suppose?
Ener1

Epson EH-TW3200 projector

You could get a pj in there and a good quiet pj for around £1k you would be served no better than the Epson TW3200 currently £904.

2.5m is a bit close and 5m a bit far away, ideally if you could get 3mtrs from screen face to lens face you could get a 1.7m wide image,see the screen calculator below.Having said that 1.7m wide is only 74" diagonal so a bit small for a projected image.

To get the screen to come down in front of the tv would necessitate some sort of bracket to throw the screen forward in front of the tv.

Can you not get a 2mtr wide screen in that would make it 90" diagonal which is much better.:)

Ener..

Infocus 4805 or IN72 for sure.

If you want to spend up to $1500, you can get the Panasonic 900, which is a 720p(HD) LCD projector.

Atee

You really must get up to date with your recommendations as they are all pretty ancient:)

Thanks for all the advise, much appreciated. I have sent off the image to 2 suppliers but the bottom line is is that there is not enough space for a screen.
Shame...so I stick with the 50inch plasma!
Ener1

Thanks for all the advise, much appreciated. I have sent off the image to 2 suppliers but the bottom line is is that there is not enough space for a screen.
Shame...so I stick with the 50inch plasma!
Ener1

thats what i said not enough room for a screen

Could you not have a low screen that starts in the two veluxs???

are you sure you measurements are correct 80cm drop? surely if that is a 50" tv the drop on that alone must be close to 80cm?looks like you could find a bit more.

zairs is right put a pole between the 2 velux with screen dropping down to top of table height and watch films sitting in a bean bag. 120cm drop is all you need max.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom