Adding a front pair of up firing atmos modules

u8myufo

As per the title, my front main spaekers are a pair of B&W DM602-S3`s which at the moment are Bi-Wired, so if I go down the route of adding the atmos modules am I right in thinking I will have to bridge the front speakers and revert back to using just the two main terminals? The amp is a Sony ST-1080.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you wish to introduce Atmos, you will have to remove the bi-amp option as the bi-amp option is also the same output for atmos or the rear surround sound speakers meaning you cannot keep everything connected as you do at the moment

As for creating a bridge, as you've already got the cables in place and if you have pack of banana plugs just couple the correct bits together and plug them into the correct front inputs and your done. This would then leave you ready for adding Atmos speakers

u8myufo

If you wish to introduce Atmos, you will have to remove the bi-amp option as the bi-amp option is also the same output for atmos or the rear surround sound speakers meaning you cannot keep everything connected as you do at the moment

As for creating a bridge, as you've already got the cables in place and if you have pack of banana plugs just couple the correct bits together and plug them into the correct front inputs and your done. This would then leave you ready for adding Atmos speakers
Thanks for that Shane.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom