Adding a Cerwin-Vega LW12 powered subwoofer to my system

azTrifecta

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, I need some advise please. I have a Bose Lifestyle system that I am relatively satisfied with. But upon occasion I would like to have a bit more bass than the Acoustimass provides. I had hoped to add a Cerwin-Vega LW12 powered subwoofer. But the folks at Bose said that no subwoofer Bose or otherwise can be added to my system. Also when I connected the CV subwoofer anyway... it initially sounded ok. But if I switched to any other type of media input than music, it sounded AWFUL. All my settings were thrown severely out of whack and I had to use the AdaptIQ to recalibrate everything. My question is: Does anyone know if there is a work around (?) so I can add the Cerwin-Vega to my Bose system? I would hate to accidentally damage the Bose system since its all I have at this time. Thanks for any help or support anyone might offer...... :))

Unfortunately, one of the downsides of BOSE is you can't really add in or change the speakers from what are already there. If you really want more bass, you will need to sell that system and get an AV receiver and separate speakers, which will give you vastly more flexibility.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom