Adding a BT transmitter between turntable and active speakers

IndianaBlues

Hi all, I realise that Bluetooth and turntables are generally frowned upon... but here goes!

I've currently got my turntable with built in phono stage connected to a pair of active speakers by an RCA cable. What I'm looking to do is to introduce a Bluetooth transmitter at some point in that setup so that I can listen late at night without waking up the rest of the house... and also successfully play Led Zeppelin during the day without my wife turning the volume right down!

I'm struggling to find any kind of Bluetooth transmitter that will pass through the phono output to the speakers when I'm not using Bluetooth, and neither the turntable or the speakers have a headphone output that I could use. Can anyone suggest anything?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
How about an RCA switch to swap between the speakers and the BT transmitter?

IndianaBlues

Thanks - that sounds like it could be a practical way of doing it...will a switch like this add much in the way of degradation to the phono signal?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Not in my experience. I used a manual passive (i.e. no power supply just a mechanical switch) to swap between the preouts on my AVR and a stereo preamp feeding power amp inputs for quite a while and had no issues at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom