OK, so I know a lot of folk here dislike Daytime Running Lights, but I tend to feel that if done right, they'll look OK. For instance, imho the ones you buy ready made tend to get bolted under the bumper and look a bit naff....I thought if I could get them placed more laterally and close to the existing lights, they'd look better. I also think if done well, they can give a slightly "fresher" look (my car is 2010, but the 2011 Jazz's have DRL's that are simply the main lights on low rather than discrete LEDs which look better). Before I start, I've seen many "odd" implementations of DRLs around the web, but I think that UK and EU law state there are only 2 allowable methods of implementing DRLs (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). 1) They turn ON with ignition and turn OFF when the sidelights/headlights turn on 2) They turn ON with ignition and DIM to more than 50% when sidelights/headlights turn on They should NOT be separately controllable (i.e. no wierd and wonderful switches in the cabin which other countries may allow). They should either be OFF or 50% dim with the main lights (so we're not allowed to keep them at the same intensity when the sidelights or main beam turn on) They should be electrically separate to the fog lights (because the fog lights are "cabin controllable" whereas DRLs are not allowed to be) - so no splicing into the existing foglight wiring either. A variation on 2) is what Audi do where, along with dimming, they alternate amber blinking with the indicator lights as well - in effect doubling as "extra indicators". Anyway, I decided to do the "standard" type 1) DRL's which turn off when the sidelights or mainlights come on, and (to get them lateral) I simply used the shroud for the foglights to physically house them in so that they look more OEM and less like I've gone to Halfraud's with some birthday vouchers . So here are the DRLs I bought from eBay for about £14 total, along with the relay needed to make them work for £8: ...and here they are close up: They're 1.5W long throw LEDs sealed into a screw and bolt, for easy mounting. I got them as I thought they'd look discrete and more "standard" in the plastic shroud around the foglight: The plastic shroud has a screw in the bottom hole holding it on and two on the side so it's easy to remove without disturbing the foglight itself or it's wiring: Notice the two upper holes are simply blind ending (presumably there to make the shroud look nicer) .so I thought I could house the LED's into them. I drilled through them (easy as it's plastic) and then bolted in the leds which secured nicely from behind and came sealed/waterproof so no worries about getting surface water in there: I then routed the wiring up to the bonnet area and soldered the 4 LEDs in parallel. These were then connected to the appropriate leads on the relay. Here is the wiring diagram for how to wire them up: Remember to tie wrap to existing wiring cables (so the DRL ones are routed away from hot parts of the engine). The LEDs have a narrow beam which is important because they need to be bright head on so that people crossing down the road can easily see you in daylight, but rapidly dim off axis so that you don't blind other road users. You see this trait with OEM ones (e.g. Audi), where they're bright when far down the road and you're looking at them more "on-axis" but rapidly dim as they pass you. This is why specific spot LEDs are better than standard strip lights off of ebay imho as those spread the light more and therefore look good as "styling lights" but no good as "daytime running lights". So apart from the +ve and -ve of the LEDs, the relay was ground to the chassis, and the signal wire (that turns the LEDs off) was tapped off of the sidelight +ve feed. The trickiest part was finding an IGN+ feed to power the LEDs. The fusebox is in the cabin (there is none under the bonnet) so I had to route it into the passenger side of the cabin running along with the sub positive wire through an existing grommet. I then routed back across to the drivers side to the fusebox and ended up adding it into a spare space in the fusebox that was IGN+ (i.e. wired up with power but containing no fuse as it is for a non-used circuit). I used a 5A amp fuse for the protection (they're only LEDs) and I strongly suggest if you route the power lead to elsewhere other than the fusebox, to protect it with an inline fuse instead. Anyway, so here it is all done, looking fairly OEM from a few paces away: ...and here it is with them on...nice and bright for daytime use: They turn on with ignition and off with sidelights/headlights for a total cost of £22 and look a bit more OEM than most off-the-shelf stuff imo.