Add Ons for 3 Mobile Broadband

Venturer Dave

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just put my first Add On on my 3 mobile broadband to enable me to use it now. If I go over my 1Gb in 30 days I will get charged at £1 per Mb. I have read somewhere on here that I can 'bundle' my add ons but cannot find the reference now. Can anyone please explain what 'bundling' is and how I go about doing it to save going over my credit and being charged such huge amounts.

ta.

Last edited:
i heard theres a way of a bundle and put unlimited internet on and people have been doing that and just pay £5 a mth

But where exactly. I've looked on My 3 Account expecting to find the bundling option but could not find it anywhere.

33Controls Ask 3 three Menu

Activate Voucher

Check my broadband usage
Find out how much data you've got left to use. If you're getting low, why not top up and buy a new Mobile Broadband Add-on.

BUY NOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top up with your credit or debit card
You can register your card with us to save time when you next top up. The following cards are accepted:

BUY NOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top up with a voucher
You can buy Top-up vouchers from 3Stores and shops where you see these signs.

Activate your Top-up voucher
Step 1 To activate your Top-up, just complete the information below(you must complete all fields marked with ).

Your 16-digit Top-up PIN. (Where to find this number)

Your 3 Mobile Broadband dongle number.
(How to find your number)

Convert to an Add-on
Step 2 You now need to convert your Top-up to a Mobile Broadband Add-on from the drop-down list below.
Please select Broadband Lite 1GB £10 Broadband Plus 3GB £15 Broadband Max 7GB £25

Need help deciding which Mobile Broadband Add-on to buy and how much data you need? Our data usage guide will help you choose.

Step 3 Just click on the button below - you'll be asked to confirm your details before your Mobile Broadband Add-on is activated. Submit Useful links
Check my broadband usage
Top up with card
Convert credit to a Mobile Broadband Add-on
Go to My3 home

© Hutchison 3G UK Limited 2002 - 2009

3 have sussed that out....no longer available

Just had a look its still on there £5 month for mobile handset browsing.
on 3 PAYG you now get 150megs of free internet when you top up £5 or more.

Last edited:
150mb isnt alot lol

No it isn't, but what other Pay As You Go mobile provider gives you free internet access when you top up £5?
Compared to for instance O2 web bolt on for PAYG phones is £7.50 a month with a Fair Usage Policy of less than 200mb.

I've just got the 3 dongle to plug into my laptop so I can have broadband when away from home. My mobile is O2 so I was looking for a low cost payg broadband and 3 seemed to fit the bill. I just fear going over my 1Gb limit and being chaged at £1 per Mb, ouch.

From the advice above I think I understand how it all works now, thanks.

he means the dongle mobile broadband not mobile phone

don't know about the dongles but if you have a nokia phone and nokia PC suite it allows you to use your mobile phone as a modem and you mobile handset internet as full PC / laptop internet;)

well i just going for a 3gb on my dongle when i move house as i been off net for 2weeks or less

Venturer

Sorry if I've misunderstood the question, but if you're using a PAYG 3 Dongle all you have to do is convert your balance into one or more mobile broadband add ons (e.g. £10 for 1GB, £15 for 3GB etc).

Each add on lasts for 30 days or until the GB allowance is used up. You can buy as many add ons as you like and 3 just queue them up until they're ready to be used. There's no time limit on them. It's perfectly safe.

The only way you'll get charged the dreaded £1 per Mb is if you had any cash left in credit after buying add ons and your add ons had expired or been used up and you kept on accessing the service.

For example I'm in the middle of a 30 day add on at the moment and I've got two £15/3GB add ons queued up and about £3 in credit.

If an add-on is queued, does it become active as soon as the old one expires if the modem isn't being used - or will it only become active when it's starts being used again? Our old add-on ends in 1 day, and I'm planning to sell the dongle, and there is a £15 add-on queued.

Blbo

I've never tested it, but I'm certain that once it's queued it starts being used when the existing add-on expires.

If you buy a 3 phone top up voucher from a shop and put it on the sim in your dongle you get unlimited internet access.:laugh::laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom