Add on Atmos speakers?

chimaira34

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Forum,

I have had a look around the forums and I have not been able to find the answers or advised I am looking for.

I currently have the following:

Philips 55OLED804
Sony UBP-X800
Denon AVR-X2300
Tannoy Revolution XT8F - Fronts
Tannoy Revolution XT6 - Rears
Tannoy Revolution XTC - Centre

I have been looking to add on a pair of Atmos speakers. I have a pretty normal sized room so was thinking a pair to sit on top of my XT8F's might be the best option.

They have to be a good sonic match and aesthetically I'd like them in a high gloss back so they looks nice. I like the look of the Elipson Prestige Facet 6ATM as they are gloss black, well the front is, so it would make a good match looks wise, but I have never heard any speakers by this brand at all. The KEF R8a would looks amazing and I think sonically they would be a great match, but at £800 a pair they are a bit steep....

Anyone been in my position able to offer some alternatives or advice?

or.......should I buy a pair of the XT Mini's in gloss back and mount them on the wall?

Thanks

The KEF R8a are probably the best upfiring speakers but before you buy them or any other module you have to make sure that your ceiling does meet with the criteria needed for good performance of these type of speaker. I use a pair of R50s.

It has to be perfectly flat and made of a reflective material, not swirling artex finish but a slight stipple is fine. The ceiling needs to be between 8 and 14 feet high. Placing them on top of Tannoys meets the remaining 2 points needed.

You could look in the classifieds for the KEF R50s, they come in high gloss piano black and are the same size as the new R8.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom