Add MA silver 300 or upgrade all to Arendal 1723s

StefanBFC

Thanks for clarifying. Was just unsure as I know I probably won’t get all the way up to reference that often so wanted to know if there was still an audible difference lower down. Ah decisions decisions.

What amplifier do you have? Apologies if I've missed it.

Tu12tle

What amplifier do you have? Apologies if I've missed it.
Currently have an older Yamaha as it’s all in my living room for now until the cinema is built. Plan is to upgrade to a denon or an Arcam. Can’t decide which yet. Then add on an Emotiva or iotavx amp. I know I’d need quite a bit of juice to run the Arendals.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Currently have an older Yamaha as it’s all in my living room for now until the cinema is built. Plan is to upgrade to a denon or an Arcam. Can’t decide which yet. Then add on an Emotiva or iotavx amp. I know I’d need quite a bit of juice to run the Arendals.
I would want to see what new the next Denon models have if they introduce new models at summer/end of summer. There is strong rumours that D&M would get optional Dirac Live for extra cost, however this might come for 2023 models earliest. If you want "premium" brand you should also consider Anthem MRX1140. The MRX740 doesn´t have separate dual sub eq only the flagship. For Arcam unit the optional Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) might be required also.

Tu12tle

I would want to see what new the next Denon models have if they introduce new models at summer/end of summer. There is strong rumours that D&M would get optional Dirac Live for extra cost, however this might come for 2023 models earliest. If you want "premium" brand you should also consider Anthem MRX1140. The MRX740 doesn´t have separate dual sub eq only the flagship. For Arcam unit the optional Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) might be required also.
Oh interesting about denon and Dirac. I have also been looking at the anthem too but they are a little more money so may take some saving up to get. Was looking at the 740 though as thought that had dual sub outputs too.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Oh interesting about denon and Dirac. I have also been looking at the anthem too but they are a little more money so may take some saving up to get. Was looking at the 740 though as thought that had dual sub outputs too.

Two Independent sub outputs on MRX 1140, allow ARC Genesis to correct multiple subs individually for frequency response and phase alignment.

If you go with 740 you can`t set the distance (delay) individually for each so they would need to go equidistant from MLP (same as Arcams without DLBC), but does that give you best response in your room then vs. something like one at front left and second sub at rear right further/closer away than the front one?!

You can play with REWs room simulation feature if you have room without odd shapes / openings to see which spots for the woofers would be optimal. Who knows the front corners could work fine too, check it out. In that case 740 would be ok.

Tu12tle

Thanks for everyone weighing in on this. I ended up deciding I couldn’t stand the what if of it all and bought a pair of 1723 monitors on here and i must say they are very impressive even compared to my silvers. Next is the avr and amp upgrade to really take advantage of them.

cns

Standard Member
I ordered a pair of silver 300s last night thanks to the excellent comments in this thread, so thank you also. @£799 I feel I got a bit of a bargain.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom