"Add channels" stops working

slast

Standard Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is a Freeview issue or a TV one, so please point me in the right place if necessary.

I have a Panasonic TX-26 LXD52 about 2.5 years old. Until recently it worked fine. We often turn off mains power to save power as we are away a lot and also suffer power fluctuations. When switched back on it always says "New Channels found, press OK to update". On doing so it shows the tuning bar and starts retuning but stops moving after a few seconds and after 30 seconds the screen goes black: after another 10 seconds it returns to the last selected channel.

As a result we don't appear to have any updates, e.g. the EPG still shows 12 as UKtv History not Dave, though functions OK.
Any suggestions please?

Steve

:rtfm: to see what it is supposed to do when you powercycle.

See the FAQs here re changes to NIT transmissions - you may have missed this or another programme update through being off when transmitted.

BEWARE - If your box/tuner IS affected by NIT changes it will carry on working UNTIL you succeed in retuning. So beware of instructions to do factory resets or to scan with the aerial disconnected.

Though that may be what you need to do!

The mfrs website may help, or have a helpline.

As a result we don't appear to have any updates, e.g. the EPG still shows 12 as UKtv History not Dave, though functions OK.
Any suggestions please?

Steve

UK History is supposed to be on 12. Dave is on 19.

See the FAQs here re changes to NIT transmissions - you may have missed this or another programme update through being off when transmitted.

A missed update seems a probable cause - if so, Panasonic may re-transmit or they may not.
As said the best way is to contact them

Panasonic - ideas for life - E-Mail

UK History is supposed to be on 12. Dave is on 19.
Oh. I am puzzled then, when I have Channel 12 on it it says "Dave" on the screen top left, and seems to be displaying those programmes. I obviously don't watcvh enough TV to keep up!
Steve

Oh. I am puzzled then, when I have Channel 12 on it it says "Dave" on the screen top left, and seems to be displaying those programmes. I obviously don't watcvh enough TV to keep up!
Steve
I'm guessing, but I think UK History did change LCN a bit ago, so you may well be running on a very old channel tuning setup. As stated before, beware of retuning - might solve your problems, or might stop you getting anything.

Call the mfrs!

Did you search here/google for your model number? May be old comments of same problem.

:rtfm: to see what it is supposed to do when you powercycle.

BEWARE - If your box/tuner IS affected by NIT changes it will carry on working UNTIL you succeed in retuning. So beware of instructions to do factory resets or to scan with the aerial disconnected.

Though that may be what you need to do!

RTFM - Yes I've done that, there's no mention of anything relevant but I would have expected it to do that.

NIT FAQs: Sorry, I'm not finding the FAQs reference - what does NIT stand for? I did a manual "system update" and it tells me I have Software version 1.68 which is up to date. Does that cover the possible NIT change you are referring to?

Mfrs website - thanks I will try that.
Sorry about the depth of ignorance here!!
Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom