• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Adaptor to Router problem?

Fringe!

Established Member
Hey AVForums, long time lurker here, finally signed up! Unfortunately, for my first post I come to you with a problem :(

Up until this morning, I've been using a wireless adaptor to connect to my linksys router, no problems whatsoever. I turn my 360 on this morning, and it tells me I cant log into LIVE..strange, I think.
Check out the settings, and yep it says I am connected to the network, so try the connection tests and it then it says it cannot link to the router from the 360 :confused:

Went downstairs, logged onto the PC and reset the router settings, went back upstairs and searched for, and found the network and logged on, same thing..says Im connected, but then when running the tests, it does not manage to make the first step of connecting to the linksys.

The light on the back of the XBOX adaptor is green, which confuses me even further.

Any ideas whatsoever?

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
You haven't done anything daft like alter the security settings of the router?

Could anyone else have altered setting on either the router or the Xbox?

benmango

Established Member
This happened to me last year - turned out someone had changed the router WEP password without mentioning it to me! Might be worth checking this as a possible cause?

Fringe!

Established Member
You haven't done anything daft like alter the security settings of the router?

Could anyone else have altered setting on either the router or the Xbox?

dont think so mate, checked and checked again, ran it with normal security, then zero security and nothing.

As for the WEP, no changes there, just had a check!

ztk123

Established Member
Hi,

i had the same problem, couldnt find the cause of it so bought my self a pair of home plugs as recommended in a thread on here and sold the network adaptor, never had a problem since and connection is stronger than ever.

:thumbsup:

thefamoushoops

Established Member
Hi,

i had the same problem, couldnt find the cause of it so bought my self a pair of home plugs as recommended in a thread on here and sold the network adaptor, never had a problem since and connection is stronger than ever.

:thumbsup:

The Homeplugs are excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom