1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adaptor for my non usb joystick

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by LicensedTaximan, Jul 2, 2005.

1. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    This is my first time on this section of the forums so please go gently on what probably is a simple reply, i'm usually on the av section, so first hello and secondly here goes.

We've just got ourselves a new computer and the tower has no serial game port on the back like our previous tower, therefore I need an adaptor for my Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback pro joystick. It is a 9 pin game controller connector and I presume that I would need an adaptor to usb. Also the usb port is obviously usb 2 so would that be a factor ?

Where can one get one. Currys, Comet, PC World, etc etc are less than useless, as is their knowledge of all things serious on hi-fi and tv's, plus they don't have these connectors in stock, so no surprise there then. What would one expect to pay? Where is the best place, either on the web or in an actual shop to purchase the item. Due to my profession I can get easily to Tottenham Ct road.

Thanking you in advanced :)

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    play.com

not sure on the USB 2.0 compatibilty, though Maplins do the same one, so you could ask in there

3. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    I will give them a go, thanks for that and Play.coms web page :)