1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adaptor For Hitachi Pj Tx 100???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cologne, Jun 26, 2004.

1. cologne

cologne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!
    I just got a Hitachi PJ TX 100 and I am trying to connect a Scart RGB from a satellite receiver to Component input of the PJ. For this, I need an adaptor Scart RGB to Component + Video (this is 4xRCA, red, blue, green and yellow). The PJ package does have an adaptor inside but this is Scart to 2xAudio plus Video, meaning useless!!! I wonder why Hitachi have done this!!!
    ANYWAY, does anybody know where I can find an adaptor “Scart RGB to Component + Video”??? Any website selling this? LIAM, any advice???
    Many thanks for any help in advance!
    Nicholas

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Nicholas we sell scart to RGB+Sync cables by QED or Black Rhodium, we also make them up by hand using Van Damme cores.

HTH

3. sapgem

sapgem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It certainly would be nice to be able to get an adaptor that allowed the use of normal component cables.

In my case I want to run a 10m cable underneath a carpet thats about to be fitted. An adaptor would give me the option of using SCART and Component devices (with a little unplugging/replugging).

4. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,100
  5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You could use an "adaptor" (as above) and utilise your existing component cable plus a single phono-phono composite lead. Or you could us a "converter" (such as JS RGB - YUV) and physically convert the signal into component video.

Both methods have their merits depending on what other kit you have