1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adaptor for cable box?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Mr Pleasant, Nov 8, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Mr Pleasant

Mr Pleasant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    On the Tivo site it mentions the need for an adaptor when using Tivo with certain '1000' model cable boxes. I've just checked my NTL box and sure enough it's a DITV1000. Can anyone confirm that I need one of these adaptors, what they cost and where I get one from? Ta.

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes you will need one, they're about £30 and you buy them directly from TiVo.

3. AVMADMAN

AVMADMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will need the adapter but be careful to check that the nTL box will accept signals from the TIVO to change channels as mine won't because it uses some kind of different signal than Infra red (TIVO are working on it apparently)

4. refinechange

refinechange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have a 1000 series STB from Telewest. Rather than spend the £29 that Tivo want for the adaptor, I am trying to get Telewest to upgrade me to a series 4000 box. According to Tivo, this unit does use RC5 (standard) IR signalling rather than IRDA as used in the earlier versions. They are reluctant to do this but I am waiting for a call tonight to see if this can be done. The threat of moving to Sky seemed to spur some action!

Lets see what happens.....

Cheers
    Alex

5. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    hi,i rang telewest about an upgrade as i might get tivo,they didn,t seem to know much about a problem with tivo,can you tell me what are the differance between the 1000 and 4000 stb,rgrds