Question ADA Amplifier Servicing UK

Jeffp571

Does anybody know any place in the UK that services ADA amplifiers? I contacted stoneaudio and they said they only sell them.

Last edited:

johnvnross

Hi there. I’ve sent ada (usa) that question. Hopefully they’ll get back to me soon.

Cheers

John

Iain42

JS Audio Repairs

These guys may be worth a shout. I have never used them, so can't give any opinion of them, but found them when I was looking for a service.

BobbyMac

Banned
According to AVSForums (last year) ADA are out of the game (or nearly there)

A tad cheeky of the UK dealer to sell but not offer any servicing (unless they only support direct customers who purchased from them)

Jeffp571

According to AVSForums (last year) ADA are out of the game (or nearly there)

A tad cheeky of the UK dealer to sell but not offer any servicing (unless they only support direct customers who purchased from them)
Yes they said it would need to be shipped back to ADA in the states. I was surprised myself. I do remember seeing the same model somewhere online that was for sale and it had a full UK service done. Can't remember where it was though or who they said serviced it.

Member 658764

ADA is a funny one. I traded in a high end processor a couple of years ago and tried to get in touch with them and had a similar experience, dead silence. Im not aware there has ever been any announcement from them they just went quiet. About a year ago one of these arrived in the UK - ADA POWER AMP but only this. All very odd. Hope you get it fixed @Jeffp571 .

johnvnross

Cheers John. Although I did send them the same question weeks ago and got no response.

On reflection my answer here could have easily appeared patronising. Sorry if it did. If it goes completely belly up and you can’t fix the thing, my plan B would be a lab gruppen C20:8X. Under £1000 on ebay and - before I moved to powered loudspeakers- utterly mullered the NAD M25 I used to own.

Good luck, and very best wishes.

johnvnross

72D0BE14-D3FA-419E-87FB-9F3D86130123.jpeg Got this back from ADA. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom